Succulent medium rare steaks with mash, a teetering tower of an assortment of hot and cold seafoods, a creamy delicate mushroom and spinach soup, steaming plate of macaroni beef ragu, a chocolate deluxe sundae (vanilla, chocolate, macademia nuts with whipped cream and chocolate sauce), a variety of singaporean mixed fare complete with the requisite sambal sauce, and grapes, grapes and more grapes pretty much sums up my entire weekend. Thanks to Christine's parents who came down for the week and very generously treated us to such a delectable spread of treats!
Third year seems to be an explosion of Singapore; with the influx of Singaporeans like Raj, Christine, Bob, Wallace and even more people like Aneeta and Sashi whom I met today! And Aneeta went to MGS primary and AC too so it was like a mini trip down memory lane and a bit like coming home. I don't know why I'm whining about this so much this year but I really really reallyyyy miss Singapore this year.
And I don't know why but this week has been stamped with puerile behaviour. I've been petulant and churlish and unpleasant! We had our first YF St Lucia bible study the other night and the whole thing about denying ourselves and picking up our crosses daily made me acknowledge that as we grow, we need to know that it is a daily act of repentence and coming back to His grace because until the day we are reunited with Him, we will struggle with our sinful nature BUT take heart, because Jesus has overcome the world.
Then this morning, the first song we played was The Steadfast Love of the Lord Never Ceases and it encouraged me greatly: that His mercies are new every morning because of His unfailing compassion and great faithfulness :) I think I'd been beating myself up over my crap behaviour this week and while He shed light on the struggle and need to come back to His grace everyday, He also encouraged me that He is compassionate and loving and His mercies are new everyday! I can come to Him every morning in repentence and all will be forgiven.
I think at times I allow the whole myriad of busyness and discontent to take over and as guilt ebbs in, I start beating myself up over it and putting distance between me and God. But how great is He that He loves us so and has given us new mercies each morning to live in His grace :)
Third year seems to be an explosion of Singapore; with the influx of Singaporeans like Raj, Christine, Bob, Wallace and even more people like Aneeta and Sashi whom I met today! And Aneeta went to MGS primary and AC too so it was like a mini trip down memory lane and a bit like coming home. I don't know why I'm whining about this so much this year but I really really reallyyyy miss Singapore this year.
And I don't know why but this week has been stamped with puerile behaviour. I've been petulant and churlish and unpleasant! We had our first YF St Lucia bible study the other night and the whole thing about denying ourselves and picking up our crosses daily made me acknowledge that as we grow, we need to know that it is a daily act of repentence and coming back to His grace because until the day we are reunited with Him, we will struggle with our sinful nature BUT take heart, because Jesus has overcome the world.
Then this morning, the first song we played was The Steadfast Love of the Lord Never Ceases and it encouraged me greatly: that His mercies are new every morning because of His unfailing compassion and great faithfulness :) I think I'd been beating myself up over my crap behaviour this week and while He shed light on the struggle and need to come back to His grace everyday, He also encouraged me that He is compassionate and loving and His mercies are new everyday! I can come to Him every morning in repentence and all will be forgiven.
I think at times I allow the whole myriad of busyness and discontent to take over and as guilt ebbs in, I start beating myself up over it and putting distance between me and God. But how great is He that He loves us so and has given us new mercies each morning to live in His grace :)
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22;23

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home