even until now, I still feel abit miffed about the whole university thing.
that all my aspirations and dream destinations from day one where I started thinking about college seriously have changed to.. well THIS.
my LAST choice.
the place I really, honestly, seriously, never thought I would go; or even considered going for that matter.
right from the start in sectwo, I'd decided for myself that I wanted to go to the states to further my education after jc.
but then I guess God had other plans for me.
because from dabbling with the idea of doing econs in the states, it started to look a little foolish to me because I wouldn't be able to handle the copious amount of math that econs entails at higher levels and going all the way to the states to obtain an arts degree seems would burn holes in my parents' pockets.
and ivy leagues are out of the question for two very obvious reasons (ie my grades and money)
so okay, on to australia for law.
wow, law.
I'd never even considered law until my j2 year.
but my mom told me to seriously consider this degree, so I did.
and I did some research and came up with the list of possible unis in australia I could go to, ranging from my first choice to my backup.
and with my neither-here-nor-there iffy predicted grades, I couldn't apply to my first choice.
so that was out.
and I managed to convince myself that my second choice was favourable to be my first choice.
that left me applying to TWO universities.
and I really thought I could get into my first choice.
because, hey, I made the entry requirements.
and then, they didn't reply me for two stinking months.
why?
because they lost part of my documents, my Olevel results.
and they didn't tell me.
so a week before christmas, I frantically called them demanding to know what on earth was happening to my application.
and they told me.
so I faxed it over, breathing sighs of relief thinking it'd be all okay now.
but no, they called and said sorry that we didn't tell you, but we don't accept predicted grades this year.
and I sat down and cried because I was so angry.
so angry that they delayed my application for so long, so angry that they didn't tell me earlier about the new rules, and so angry that my first choices kept getting slashed back one by one.
so I thought I still had my backup.
and they replied me.
they gave me a conditional offer.
why?
because my iffy predicted grades had a B/C for math.
so they took the lower score and they said if I could get a straight B for math they would take me unconditionally.
and they tell me that in JANUARY (today actually).
so I'm out of bed in a flash and rushing to school, hurriedly calling mrtan, hoping to get my grade changed.
and when I'm in school seeing mrtan, he says, I don't remember giving you a B/C. I remember wanting to give you a B!
and all the while inside I'm groaning and moaning because if there wasn't this icky mixup, I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
so he says he'll change it but I have to find my form teacher.
and I wait for more than half an hour for her.
we print out the new set of grades.
THREE TIMES.
and she says I need to find the principal to sign it.
the principal isn't in school!!! she left for a meeting!!!
I leave my name and document, telling them to call me once she's back.
THEY DON'T.
but I called them instead and they say she's back but there's an error with the dates.
so I go back to school and wait for my form teacher to reprint the grades.
then go back to the office to get the principal to sign it.
she has a visitor.
so I wait and wait and wait.
and I finally get the new set.
rush all the way down to get my new set of results faxed to the university.
and you know what?
they accepted me unconditionally.
and even after that, I don't feel very happy because I see the way everything has been reduced to my last choice.
but then, I guess I'm very lucky to be able to do law somewhere.
even before my Alevel results are out.
and I'm very lucky to be able to go overseas to study.
it's just that sometimes I wish that it didn't have to be this whole long hassle and having to watch my choices being zapped down one by one.
but then I still thank God for it.
because amidst all this mess, I still can do law in a good university.
maybe not the tops, but it's still good and recognised.
now, the other things I lift up to Him.
my housing and plane tickets.
and visa and medical checkup.
my.. everything.
I'm trying very hard not to moan and groan and complain because I think we should all be grateful for what we have.
so I'm really trying quite hard to see the better side of things.
and I know He sent me there for a reason.
so I just gotta trust Him right?
RIGHT.
:)
anyway, after I finally got home, things got quite good!
because we played...

MAHJONG!

the four pongers of the day




tat daniel and mich came over for a ponging good time where tat won SEVENTY SYMBOLIC DOLLARS.
this is worthy of mention.
laura and cel came over for dinner as well and my mom bought a bit too much food for all of us.
so now, I have a gigantic bowl of hokkien mee, two chengtengs, one tao suan, 5 chweekeuhs and two chicken wings sitting inside my fridge.
all leftovers from tonight's dinner.
this is on top of all the food I fed them: instant noodles, chips, kerepok and pears.
I think my house (other than sue's) is the place to get fat.
ohwell, it is really time to sleep.
that all my aspirations and dream destinations from day one where I started thinking about college seriously have changed to.. well THIS.
my LAST choice.
the place I really, honestly, seriously, never thought I would go; or even considered going for that matter.
right from the start in sectwo, I'd decided for myself that I wanted to go to the states to further my education after jc.
but then I guess God had other plans for me.
because from dabbling with the idea of doing econs in the states, it started to look a little foolish to me because I wouldn't be able to handle the copious amount of math that econs entails at higher levels and going all the way to the states to obtain an arts degree seems would burn holes in my parents' pockets.
and ivy leagues are out of the question for two very obvious reasons (ie my grades and money)
so okay, on to australia for law.
wow, law.
I'd never even considered law until my j2 year.
but my mom told me to seriously consider this degree, so I did.
and I did some research and came up with the list of possible unis in australia I could go to, ranging from my first choice to my backup.
and with my neither-here-nor-there iffy predicted grades, I couldn't apply to my first choice.
so that was out.
and I managed to convince myself that my second choice was favourable to be my first choice.
that left me applying to TWO universities.
and I really thought I could get into my first choice.
because, hey, I made the entry requirements.
and then, they didn't reply me for two stinking months.
why?
because they lost part of my documents, my Olevel results.
and they didn't tell me.
so a week before christmas, I frantically called them demanding to know what on earth was happening to my application.
and they told me.
so I faxed it over, breathing sighs of relief thinking it'd be all okay now.
but no, they called and said sorry that we didn't tell you, but we don't accept predicted grades this year.
and I sat down and cried because I was so angry.
so angry that they delayed my application for so long, so angry that they didn't tell me earlier about the new rules, and so angry that my first choices kept getting slashed back one by one.
so I thought I still had my backup.
and they replied me.
they gave me a conditional offer.
why?
because my iffy predicted grades had a B/C for math.
so they took the lower score and they said if I could get a straight B for math they would take me unconditionally.
and they tell me that in JANUARY (today actually).
so I'm out of bed in a flash and rushing to school, hurriedly calling mrtan, hoping to get my grade changed.
and when I'm in school seeing mrtan, he says, I don't remember giving you a B/C. I remember wanting to give you a B!
and all the while inside I'm groaning and moaning because if there wasn't this icky mixup, I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
so he says he'll change it but I have to find my form teacher.
and I wait for more than half an hour for her.
we print out the new set of grades.
THREE TIMES.
and she says I need to find the principal to sign it.
the principal isn't in school!!! she left for a meeting!!!
I leave my name and document, telling them to call me once she's back.
THEY DON'T.
but I called them instead and they say she's back but there's an error with the dates.
so I go back to school and wait for my form teacher to reprint the grades.
then go back to the office to get the principal to sign it.
she has a visitor.
so I wait and wait and wait.
and I finally get the new set.
rush all the way down to get my new set of results faxed to the university.
and you know what?
they accepted me unconditionally.
and even after that, I don't feel very happy because I see the way everything has been reduced to my last choice.
but then, I guess I'm very lucky to be able to do law somewhere.
even before my Alevel results are out.
and I'm very lucky to be able to go overseas to study.
it's just that sometimes I wish that it didn't have to be this whole long hassle and having to watch my choices being zapped down one by one.
but then I still thank God for it.
because amidst all this mess, I still can do law in a good university.
maybe not the tops, but it's still good and recognised.
now, the other things I lift up to Him.
my housing and plane tickets.
and visa and medical checkup.
my.. everything.
I'm trying very hard not to moan and groan and complain because I think we should all be grateful for what we have.
so I'm really trying quite hard to see the better side of things.
and I know He sent me there for a reason.
so I just gotta trust Him right?
RIGHT.
:)
anyway, after I finally got home, things got quite good!
because we played...

MAHJONG!

the four pongers of the day




tat daniel and mich came over for a ponging good time where tat won SEVENTY SYMBOLIC DOLLARS.
this is worthy of mention.
laura and cel came over for dinner as well and my mom bought a bit too much food for all of us.
so now, I have a gigantic bowl of hokkien mee, two chengtengs, one tao suan, 5 chweekeuhs and two chicken wings sitting inside my fridge.
all leftovers from tonight's dinner.
this is on top of all the food I fed them: instant noodles, chips, kerepok and pears.
I think my house (other than sue's) is the place to get fat.
ohwell, it is really time to sleep.
my eyebags are very, very bad and I look permanently grey from lack of sleep at earthly hours.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home