I don't think my just-for-new-year's-sake motto is working out very well because I invariably find myself thinking aobut 2005.
maybe because 2005 was just four/five/six days ago and has been written down quite indelibly in my brain.
BUT, I think it's a normal thing because everybody thinks.
had lunch with my mom and sister at Capital Square because my sister was treating us to some ramen place which really was quite good!
anyway, the business district is really a very boring place if you're there with the intention of walking around.
the only times I used to go there was for my dental appointment.
but even my orthodontist has moved.
so going there just once in a long time today was quite a yawn, save for the relatively good food.
bible study was another fruitful session.
pondered and discussed about faith and God-sized encounters and learnt some pretty new neat stuff.
anyway on the way to church, it started to rain.
and I was at the mrt and plodded along in the rain together with this man (who had a nice yellow brolly) all the way to ymca and he didn't even bother asking me if I wanted a little bit of shelter partway!
I made a mental note to offer to share my umbrella with someone who doesn't have one, even if it's just half of their journey.
sometimes I think I have some kind of late-developing teenage angst brewing inside of me.
I think it's to do with all this idleness and waiting.
such as, I know I'm leaving in february but I have no plane ticket and I have no housing.
and in the meantime, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing.
plus, I kind of wonder what my new life will be like, what 2006 will be like.
maybe because 2005 was just four/five/six days ago and has been written down quite indelibly in my brain.
BUT, I think it's a normal thing because everybody thinks.
had lunch with my mom and sister at Capital Square because my sister was treating us to some ramen place which really was quite good!
anyway, the business district is really a very boring place if you're there with the intention of walking around.
the only times I used to go there was for my dental appointment.
but even my orthodontist has moved.
so going there just once in a long time today was quite a yawn, save for the relatively good food.
bible study was another fruitful session.
pondered and discussed about faith and God-sized encounters and learnt some pretty new neat stuff.
anyway on the way to church, it started to rain.
and I was at the mrt and plodded along in the rain together with this man (who had a nice yellow brolly) all the way to ymca and he didn't even bother asking me if I wanted a little bit of shelter partway!
I made a mental note to offer to share my umbrella with someone who doesn't have one, even if it's just half of their journey.
sometimes I think I have some kind of late-developing teenage angst brewing inside of me.
I think it's to do with all this idleness and waiting.
such as, I know I'm leaving in february but I have no plane ticket and I have no housing.
and in the meantime, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing.
plus, I kind of wonder what my new life will be like, what 2006 will be like.
oook, time for bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home