Monday, January 30, 2006

okay, so it's really been quite a fab chinese new year this year with my sister and cousin around.
somehow the family seems bigger, cheerier and just plain better :)
and I've been getting a real kick out of all the cny food (esp abalone, I adore abalone) and goodies and all the little extras.
extras being the 48 bars of kitkat and 2 gigantic boxes of ferraro rocher I have at home.
I can feel myself getting fatter, but

BUT!

very much happier :)

the only little niggle to all this chinese new year festivity is that my luck has been Terrible with a capital T, in bold and italics!!

firstly, mahjong in the afternoon of cny day 1 I was,
- the biggest loser
- and my cards were fantastic too! but I just couldn't game
- my line up had three facais, two zhongs and I could pong everything else
- then I zhi mo-ed another zhong and I was hoping I could angong the zhong and the facai AND get to pong either the 6wan or the 3wan to game but I DIDNT.
so I lost game after game after game and the most ironic thing is,
we lost to my cousin from the states who is a noob at mahjong and she cannot read the number 7, 8 or 9 -_-

then secondly, mahjong at night on the first day of cny
- I kept collecting so many tais!
- I even reached the limit!
- and I was waiting for one stinking tile to game!
- BUT somebody else gamed!
- and the next tile, would have been my damn tile to game!
OMG. help. me. now.

so by 3.45am, I was one damn grumpy girl.

ok, now that the grouses are over, it's time for the peeechers!

my favourite photo of my papa looking all.. schoolboyish. that's his damn cool camera bag by the way. there are a dozen compartments inside!
























and this is my other favourite photo! smokey kissing popo, soooo cute :)
















CNY day 1 at my uncle's house. that's dad's side of the family, everyone says everyone just kind of resembles each other
















this is from the night of reunion dinner at my mom's side. we all look like fug here, but I think it's a very cute photo :)

















the three generations

















ushering the year of the dog with Smokey! can you say, cutest dog in the whole world :)

















err, looking at my uncle's new kois. I know I look really bored here, but I was really quite fascinated by the fish! by sister and I even started naming them and they have pretty cool names like Ash, Jet, Takumi and erm.. yea you get the picture.
















anyway, I forgot to mention but last night's mahjong game was probably the funniest one I had in ages.
my aunt, daughter of mahjong pro aka my grandmother, gamed four times in a row, and then tried to game with..

READ CAREFULLY!

two chi sets, and FOUR PAIRS!

hahahahah, utter ab-inducement.
I love my family :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home