
Hooray, you're 19!
I still remember this time last year where you and I celebrated at Brewerkz over portebello mushrooms, quesadillas and beer and had a rolling good time :)
Thanks Jae for being the friend that I know I can call anytime if I need help, who's always there with a sympathetic ear and comforting hug.
I'll always remember the times where you'd come over to ACJC to have a late chicken rice lunch with me on Fridays and listen to me rant and rave; I'll also remember the time where we had that 6 hour power session yak over the phone til my ear felt like it was gonna drop off.
We don't talk or meet up all that often, but I love the times that we do, because you're so much fun, so easy to talk to and really a geunine friend.
Sorry for bailing out on the last minute cycling trip and being such a bad friend and as you head off for the States, I just wanna wish you all the best and I'll miss you.
Love you!
-
It's been a busy weekend because cell group retreat up on Mount Tamborine took me away from civilisation for about two and a half days.
And I mean that in almost every sense possible because my mobile phone decided to pull another misbehaving stunt on me and blanked its screen out on Friday night.
It decided to revive itself for about two hours then collapse again before resurrecting again on Saturday night.
It must be punishing me for dropping it too often and cracking its screen.
Stoops!
But it was a good time away from the modes of communication; spending quality time with God, building stronger relationships with the people in cell group and having a really good time :)
Friday was a Good Day.
This was because when Liwen and I were shopping on Friday, I managed to find every single thing I was thinking of getting.
Also, I managed to wake up late and ring Liwen just in time to tell her I'll be late before she left her house to pick me up.
And days like these don't roll along ever so often, so when they do come, I know it's a Good Day.
Then it was Ultimate Frisbee after and that marked another Good Day because I felt like I'd improved from the previous week.
And I thought I could only play for an hour half but because Peiyin picked me up a lil late, I could play for a longer period of time which was another tick on the Good Day checklist.
I like Good Days :)
Anyway, on this retreat I
1. Got my virgin ant bite (think big humongous ant) which felt like someone was stabbing three needles into the back of my leg and left it feeling numb and tingly for a good hour. I hate ants.
2. Won 100 symbolic dollars on texas holdem (my first ever huge win!), when I was initially down 40 symbolic dollars. Thank you double pairs and flushes!
3. Learnt how to play Hearts.
4. Played a lot of card games and Taboo.
5. Saw the hugest pot of pasta I've seen in my life.
6. Slept on the top bunk for the first time in my life. (Not a good experience; I hate heights, my bunk had no ladder and it saw me through 4 insomniac hours, leaving me only 3 hours of sleep)
7. Played some weird edited version of cricket for the first time. I like batting things I realised.
8. Didn't _______ for a day (ha ha, go figure!)
9. Played steal the flag (that was when I got bitten by that stupid ant!)
10. Only had 8 hours of sleep in total. Hello, Exhaustion.
So after a fun-filled weekend, it's back to the drudgery of uni life, books and impending deadlines and the usual Monday Blues...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home