' But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharoah and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I am has sent me to you." '
Exodus 3:11-14
-
Sometimes I feel stretched thin, trying desperately to patch up the various areas of my life and hoping everything will miraculously hem themselves in seamlessly.
Feelings of inadequacies set in and I find myself too tired, too scared and too defeated to try.
I reach the point where I wonder if I should continue to dig deep or stretch wide and sometimes the mere thought of all that rubbery effort has me retracting back to my shell, preferring to touch the familiar and the convenient.
I feel insignificant, miniscule and lost along the way.
Then I read my bible.
And God reminded me again of the spirit of power, love and self-discipline he has manifested in my heart but merely waiting to be exercised through Moses.
Moses, doubtful of his inadequacies and shortcomings, was used so powerfully by God because he yielded himself to God's immeasurable, infinite and absolute power!
"I am who I am." Wow.
Can anyone say that with so much conviction and absolutely certainty?
When I read that in the passage, while comforted by God's encouragement, I wondered what exactly does God mean when he says, "I am who I am."?
I thought about all the other various references that was made to who and what God is in the bible and stuff like God is love, the Alpha and Omega/Beginning and the End, the Holy Trinity, Creator and as I prayed to Him for understanding, it suddenly struck me that all these references are manifested wholly in that statement, "I am who I am"!
Not merely manifested, but stated with absolute conviction, confidence and power.
Not plastered and patched with our own perceptions and intepretations of Him, but HE IS TRULY WHO HE IS, unchangable and constant and indeed, the everlasting God.
Reading that whole passage just made me think, WOW.
And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I am has sent me to you." '
Exodus 3:11-14
-
Sometimes I feel stretched thin, trying desperately to patch up the various areas of my life and hoping everything will miraculously hem themselves in seamlessly.
Feelings of inadequacies set in and I find myself too tired, too scared and too defeated to try.
I reach the point where I wonder if I should continue to dig deep or stretch wide and sometimes the mere thought of all that rubbery effort has me retracting back to my shell, preferring to touch the familiar and the convenient.
I feel insignificant, miniscule and lost along the way.
Then I read my bible.
And God reminded me again of the spirit of power, love and self-discipline he has manifested in my heart but merely waiting to be exercised through Moses.
Moses, doubtful of his inadequacies and shortcomings, was used so powerfully by God because he yielded himself to God's immeasurable, infinite and absolute power!
"I am who I am." Wow.
Can anyone say that with so much conviction and absolutely certainty?
When I read that in the passage, while comforted by God's encouragement, I wondered what exactly does God mean when he says, "I am who I am."?
I thought about all the other various references that was made to who and what God is in the bible and stuff like God is love, the Alpha and Omega/Beginning and the End, the Holy Trinity, Creator and as I prayed to Him for understanding, it suddenly struck me that all these references are manifested wholly in that statement, "I am who I am"!
Not merely manifested, but stated with absolute conviction, confidence and power.
Not plastered and patched with our own perceptions and intepretations of Him, but HE IS TRULY WHO HE IS, unchangable and constant and indeed, the everlasting God.
Reading that whole passage just made me think, WOW.
The powerful and loving God is in me, why should I fear?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home