Monday, October 01, 2007

The internet is back; say goodbye to being a virtual cripple! No more dvds running on monotonous repeats, no more aimless pottering around, no more restless overstretched naps. I can now check my email, print out lecture notes, facebook, blog surf, skim through random things on wikipedia....... .. .. .. ..... . I am unabashedly a product of this technologically-dependent generation of fibre-optic cables and wireless connections held together by hyperlinks. If I didn't have my mobile phone or dvds, I would have cried. I really would.

So midsem break is over, I have kissed the last vestiges of a holiday goodbye. It is back to the daily grind. And while a part of me is glad to be subject to the parameters of schedules again, the break seems to have sped by so quickly that I didn't have time to relish the flippant languidity of a real holiday!

Okay, let's do a quick recap of this midsem break since the last time I blogged:


There was Angie's birthday parrrrty! A backyard barbeque strung with coloured lights, a delicious spread and warm company; quite the potent combination. I like nights like that. Nothing very significant, nothing written indelibly, but only the soft imprint of iridiscent light and laughter swimming by in a myopic blur.

This picture best depicts how I remember the entire night
Angie has the best backyard for jumping shots! This is our terrible attempt. Or Taiki/May's crappy phototaking skills :P

HAHA! I LOOOOOVE THIS PHOTO.
This is May, one of my funniest and bestest friends.


And there was Driving Range Part II. This time not with David and Tim but with Chikky, Jeremy and An. Chikky and I said we would embarrass ourselves and we did. Jeremy told us it was his first time and if anyone would embarrass himself, it would be him. But he didn't embarrass himself. He was hitting 150+ metres with that very healthy resounding thwack of a neat, straight shot. Howwwwwww unfair. But good times! I'm determined to pick up golf again and practise as much as I can when I'm back in Singapore!


And there was the Cockroach Incident. I'd hopped in the shower and turned on the taps, only to hear a gluggy gurgle and watch with helpless horror through the shower screen, water flowing out from our drainage vent, spitting out a family of three cockroaches along with it. Two babies and a full-grown spindly-legged cockroach. Yuck. And that horrible thing decided to take cover by crawling onto my bath towel, ruining whatever options I had of grabbing my towel and making a quick run for it! Anyway, Shilong to the rescue because when I'd plucked up enough nerve to run out of the bathroom, I called him and he came with a spray can and very heroically killed that blasted bug for me! :)


And there was Mid-Autumn Festival at CCCB Coopers Plains. I don't mean to sound like a hypondriach, but what would otherwise have been a very enjoyable night was caught in a splitting headache made worse by me sitting right in front of the crackly sound system. Felt like someone had pinched my brains with their fingertips.


And there was a lot more movie and dvd-watching. And there was Gossip Girl!!! It's out, it's out! Frivolovity and television decadence at it's worst and it's out! I was a little miffed at first about the obvious deviance from the book, but then decided that if I'm going to enjoy the series, it'd take abit of perspective tweaking. So I'm going to pretend that I've never read the books and watch it with the fresh naivete and ignorance that one has when they're watching a new show.


Ok, time to bounce! Byeeeee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home