Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I sealed all my belongings into musty cardboard boxes and heaved them into Chris' garage today with the help of David and Chris and two cars. How I managed to accumulate so much stuff in two short years amazes me. I need a physical symbolic fresh start for 2008 and I've decided that it is going to start with a massive spring clean. I will throw out every single sheet of paper that I do not need, not collect an entire cardboard box full of paper/plastic bags, and give away old clothes to the Salvation Army. I need to stop thinking that old things will come in useful someday and hoard them.

I know it's a little early, but I wonder what 2008 will be like. I'm moving into a new place next year and for someone who has lived in the same house all her life in Singapore and the same unit for 3 out of 4 semesters in Brisbane, an event like moving into a new house has repercussions of epic proportions. I've conceded a long time ago that change is everywhere, but I still like home to remain the same. At least amidst the struggle to cope with amphibolic changes, there's somewhere I can turn to with stable dynamics.

I don't like growing up. I wish I was naturally mature and grown up instead of wobbling through the close of teenagehood on a tide of tumultuous emotion that I really ought to learn to control.


Little by little
One step at a time
He's changing our hearts and renewing our minds

Teaching us how to be
Patient and kind
Little by little
One step at a time

Yup :)

1 Comments:

Blogger billy said...

wow shumin you write a lot. glad you liked my portfolio heheheh, it's a bit of silliness cuz i didn't really need to do one [going back to uni next year] - but did it anyway, and im glad people think im a less of a bum than they did before. by the way keep writing songs and stuff, we should bring them into YF without telling them that you wrote it.. and see if people like it :) THEN we'll tell them that you wrote it! hehe
billy

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home