Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's funny how certain things just simply remind you of someone even if the correlation is vague or completely irrelevant.

Like today, I had a steak sandwich for lunch, and the moment I saw it on the menu I was instantly reminded of Jame; because Jame always orders a steak sandwich (or almost always anyway ha ha).
And more significantly than Jame ordering the steak sandwich, it'd be watching the process of Jame eat it.
That's because Jame has to be the most ladylike eater I've met in my life, daintily cutting her sandwich into little pieces and picking at it as we all watched her eat her meal.
And even more significant than the process of Jame eating her meal, would be the unspoken rule of how we could never, never ask Jame if she was done, because after eating about half her meal, she'd chatter on before pushing her plate and going Ugh, I'm full.

And that would be our cue.
Because all of us would automatically start attacking her leftovers like starving vultures and basically polish off her food, on top of our meals.
Ha ha, Jame is one of my favourite people to eat with, because I always get more food at the end of the day.
Hee hee!

(anyway Jamie Chee Hoi Yen, if you're reading this, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I never see you online and you seemed to have disappeared off the face of this earth! I miss you, I think about you even when I'm having lunch ha ha.)

Another completely random thought that came to mind while I was baking brownies today was how did the first cake surface on this earth?
I mean, how did someone decide to throw in flour, eggs, a shocking amount of butter and sugar into a bowl, mix it, shove it in the oven and call it 'cake'?
Because as I was mindlessly stirring the mix, it occurred to me that a cake before it's been baked looks really disgusting in all its yellow, sloshy, splotchy.. splendour.
How did that someone who baked the very first cake know that this horrendous disgusting looking mixture would firm up in the oven and taste simply divine?

And I realised brownie mix actually tastes better than the actual brownie itself.
After I'd chucked the pan into the oven, I spooned a little leftover brownie dough (?? what do you call it..?) into my mouth and I think it tastes simply lovely, although the thought of the flour, cocoa powder, (raw) eggs, butter and sugar inside made me think Eww.
But mind over matter cause I think it tastes simply gorgeous.

:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha omg i was like whoa. cos i was just gonna blog about how different things remind me of different people. and i realised u like asking questions that noone in their right mind can answer.. like me. haha i wanna know, who named everything? why is blue called blue not magenta or something? oh well.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home