I had another driving lesson today and my instructor said I need to concentrate more. I'm taking that as a euphemism for being absent-minded and unobservant. He'd tell me to turn right and I'd flick my indicator right and start veering left. My mother used to chastise me for being unobservant and careless, launching into typical "How can you succeed in life if you're like that??" lectures which I had obstinately refuted. But in recent years, I'm starting to see what she means. Begrudgingly.
Makes me feel like I'm waving my little white flag in the air; caving in to some notion of unintelligence, an admission of pathetic dullness, a lack of deft brightness. Or as Smashmouth puts it very aptly, "I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed..." I feel flaky. Woeeeeee.
I attended all my classes yesterday so I treated myself to a frivolous magazine! All that gloss and photoshopped glamour. There is something so dull about real life sometimes. It neither has that charming faded yellowness of old pictures nor the gloss and colour of magazines. It feels so... real. I'm at the magazine phase now; I want my life snapped in still pictures of bold shades and electric colour, perfectly arranged, unrealistic, caught in moments, then framed and hung. Haha, just for kicks. Life feels too ordinary right now: impending exams, bad hair days, churlish grumpiness......... aghhhha;lskdjfk.
This whimsical whinging has got to stop! Because I guess underneath all this wistful unattainable desire, God has blessed me abundantly, and His word has been a comforting shaft of light in the past week of dreary mood swings. One thing I'm learning is to praise and thank Him no matter what the situation, to find joy in Him even when it seems bleak, because He is the everlasting, He is love, He is Lord, and He has saved us from the chains of sin and death... how can we ever thank Him enough for it or fully declare His praise? Really need to learn to praise and thank Him so much more!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords. His love endures forever."
Psalm 136
Makes me feel like I'm waving my little white flag in the air; caving in to some notion of unintelligence, an admission of pathetic dullness, a lack of deft brightness. Or as Smashmouth puts it very aptly, "I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed..." I feel flaky. Woeeeeee.
I attended all my classes yesterday so I treated myself to a frivolous magazine! All that gloss and photoshopped glamour. There is something so dull about real life sometimes. It neither has that charming faded yellowness of old pictures nor the gloss and colour of magazines. It feels so... real. I'm at the magazine phase now; I want my life snapped in still pictures of bold shades and electric colour, perfectly arranged, unrealistic, caught in moments, then framed and hung. Haha, just for kicks. Life feels too ordinary right now: impending exams, bad hair days, churlish grumpiness......... aghhhha;lskdjfk.
This whimsical whinging has got to stop! Because I guess underneath all this wistful unattainable desire, God has blessed me abundantly, and His word has been a comforting shaft of light in the past week of dreary mood swings. One thing I'm learning is to praise and thank Him no matter what the situation, to find joy in Him even when it seems bleak, because He is the everlasting, He is love, He is Lord, and He has saved us from the chains of sin and death... how can we ever thank Him enough for it or fully declare His praise? Really need to learn to praise and thank Him so much more!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords. His love endures forever."
Psalm 136

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home