Friday, October 05, 2007

I think Spring has forgotten to swing by and Summer has kicked in for an early start. I don't remember it being this hot last year at this time. I went out today decked in minimal clothing (ie. shorts and tank) and still managed to come home smelling like a sweaty schoolboy.

I went to West End today, solo style! I like West End, but I don't think I could live there, truthfully. Whenever I go to West End, I feel like I'm on holiday in a random town; poking my head into shops littered haphazardly across in eclectic fashion, the streets erecting a very laidback assortment of bars, cafes and restaurants. As much as I love its charming quaintness, the possibility of finding something fresh and quirky everyday, I think I'd prefer 'home' to be a little more mainstream. More... constant. Ha ha.

Anyway I went to West End today because I wanted to do a little op shop hopping. I was getting sick of the city. And I snagged an old French Connection denim shirt jacket for $3.50 and a pewter Country Road jacket for $15! Hee~ Okay, it's nothing that's going to tip the scales of fashion but just very simple old pieces that stood out among the... junk. (I seriously can't think of anything else to call it. Took me ages to find something I actually liked) Oh yeh and a t-shirt for $10!! But it wasn't an op shop. It was a random boutique that looked like it was about to close down.

Yehhh, it was a surreal day for a surreal place. Because Friday had never seemed stranger to me than it did today.

1. I witnessed a wedding ceremony in Guyatt Park. (?!)
It was really strange. They were exchanging their wedding vows when I walked past. It was the queerest assortment of pristine white linen-covered chairs to the odd couple of balloons strung awkwardly around the gazebo. And the guests' clothing ranged from pretty sundresses and suits to shorts and t-shirts. Hmm.... my first thought was Who the heckkkk would want to get married at Guyatt Park (no offense to Guyatt Park) but then the better part of my imagination kicked in a little later and I figured maybe this odd couple shared their first date there or something and it's really quite sweet to hold your wedding at the place you had your first date!

2. I have never seen so many kids in my life
They were everywhere. On the citycat, Guyatt Park, West End.... it was just teeming with kids!

3. I saw the cutest house that looked like it came straight out of a fairytale book
Too bad I didn't have my camera! It was painted a blushing shade of pink and white and resembled a more modern version of a cottage. It didn't have a very huge garden, but there were trimmed bushes and little flowers dotting the lawn, a very, very tiny circular pathway weaving its way round the statued fountain, and hand-made wooden signs stuck on the fence. It was adorable!! Seriously, I wish I'd taken a picture of it.

You know, this is the type of entry where I wish I had pictures to accompany everything I say so you (especially those in Singapore) will knowwww whaat I'm trying to saaaaaaaaay!!!!! Aggh.
I think I'm getting sick, my throat feels itcy, scratchy and furry. Sigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home