I'm not getting any better, it still feels like someone stuffed a feather duster down my throat, and ever so often i'd break out in a paroxysm of wracking coughs. The nights are the worst, because restful oblivion's so fleeting and i can feel my lungs almost sighing with resignation with the first stirrings of an awakening itch. And it's making me really tired; I can barely feel myself function.
This cough is making me anti-social. I can't conjure the energy to hold any substantial conversations with anyone. Which in a way gives me an excuse not to talk so I don't have to force myself to think of things to say. So i don't really mind it. But on the other hand, I do feel secretly left out because people only congregate where there's conversation, a thread of interest binding them together for that moment, and many times this week i've been left hanging alone amidst coupled conversation. Which makes me feel like a fish out of water. What's wrong with sitting in comfortable silence?! Silent company is sooo underrated. Haha.
This kind of makes me miss the JC days. Finding something to laugh about everyday, dangling over the upper level of the happyhut, wasting our time at the void deck, drinking endless cups of tehping, skipping class and running away from teachers.... and then throw in the afternoons we spent sprawled over in Sue's lounge room watching old movies from those enormous LDs, eating and eating and eating.... and it's funny how we never ran out of things to talk about or sing. There'll always be Jame's inaccurately accurate analogies which spit out sound advice in the oddest way, Rage's grumpiness (haha!), Sue's random outburst of michael jackson, Mich's humming of tunes... awwwww. I MISS (Singapore) FRIENDSSSSS. Feels like I haven't seen or talked to some people in a really long time (sue! jame! rage! hy!). I miss youuuu.
Watched the Rock School documentary tonight. Well parts of it, because it failed to capture any lasting interest except for a pervading sense of mortification. The first few minutes made me wish I'd practised the guitar harrrrrrder so I could be one of those child rock star prodigies but that very quickly lost out to little girls (read: nine year old girls) with eyes slathered in eyeliner screaming out tuneless songs about pot and asking their mother to imprint "666" across their foreheads. I found it rather disturbing and so... I stopped watching it.
I'm hoping the coming week will be one of productivity, laughter and warm company. This week felt like a lone bubble.
This cough is making me anti-social. I can't conjure the energy to hold any substantial conversations with anyone. Which in a way gives me an excuse not to talk so I don't have to force myself to think of things to say. So i don't really mind it. But on the other hand, I do feel secretly left out because people only congregate where there's conversation, a thread of interest binding them together for that moment, and many times this week i've been left hanging alone amidst coupled conversation. Which makes me feel like a fish out of water. What's wrong with sitting in comfortable silence?! Silent company is sooo underrated. Haha.
This kind of makes me miss the JC days. Finding something to laugh about everyday, dangling over the upper level of the happyhut, wasting our time at the void deck, drinking endless cups of tehping, skipping class and running away from teachers.... and then throw in the afternoons we spent sprawled over in Sue's lounge room watching old movies from those enormous LDs, eating and eating and eating.... and it's funny how we never ran out of things to talk about or sing. There'll always be Jame's inaccurately accurate analogies which spit out sound advice in the oddest way, Rage's grumpiness (haha!), Sue's random outburst of michael jackson, Mich's humming of tunes... awwwww. I MISS (Singapore) FRIENDSSSSS. Feels like I haven't seen or talked to some people in a really long time (sue! jame! rage! hy!). I miss youuuu.
Watched the Rock School documentary tonight. Well parts of it, because it failed to capture any lasting interest except for a pervading sense of mortification. The first few minutes made me wish I'd practised the guitar harrrrrrder so I could be one of those child rock star prodigies but that very quickly lost out to little girls (read: nine year old girls) with eyes slathered in eyeliner screaming out tuneless songs about pot and asking their mother to imprint "666" across their foreheads. I found it rather disturbing and so... I stopped watching it.
I'm hoping the coming week will be one of productivity, laughter and warm company. This week felt like a lone bubble.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home