Saturday, October 20, 2007


Shoeeeees! I never want to buy anything at full price ever again. I heart sales :)


It was the last YF bible study tonight and I feel so thankful for how much I've learnt there. Being taught how to read the bible properly and understanding it in context wasn't something I'd always been grounded in and in the past I'd always struggled and grappled with it.

Tonight's bible study (Mark 8:22-9:1) really drove in the message that I was talking about with Laura and another friend in the previous weeks: about what it means to be a Christian, a disciple of Jesus. Really thank God for reminding me once again who Jesus is and what He came to do and what it means to me to be a disciple of Jesus.

Points tonight:
  • The miracle in v22-26 was a live parable alluding to what Jesus would reveal about himself as the Christ
  • Many Jews, as reflected by Peter, didn't have the correct view of the Christ. They thought He would be a glorified physical king that would save them from oppression. So it's important for us to know who Jesus really is and what he has done (v30-33)
  • Jesus tells the disciples and crowd that to be saved they need to deny themselves, take up their cross and follow Him (v34-9:1)
  • What does it mean to us to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him?
  • What are some of the crosses we need to take up?


Tonight was a good night of learning and reflection. Reflecting about what are the areas I still need to learn to deny, what's the cross I have to carry and praying for His strength and wisdom. Especially during this week, when I've been feeling troubled about some of the burdens He has placed in my heart; tonight reminded me that I need to learn to be less selfish and persevere in prayer with love in my heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home