Monday, December 24, 2007

It's so cccccold! I've been wrapping my fingers round my heat-is-slowly-dissipating mug of hot water in a bid to thaw my fingers and hopefully an ember of toasty warmth will find its way into my chilled chest because I am absolutely ffffffreeeeezing.

Anyway,
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
It's the day before Christ's birthday, so rejoice everyone because it's time to celebrate the birth of a Saviour and King!

Yesterday was the last sunday of advent and I really enjoyed the sermon because it was yet another reminder to cast aside the distraction of Christmas packaging but truly be thankful for the gift of love that God the Father has given us: His son, Jesus. Not only to be thankful, but to let Christmas be a reminder of who we are in Christ, to be obedient and worship Him with our lives.

This Christmas hasn't felt very hyped up or 'Christmassy', as people would put it, despite the sparkling display of ivory and lilac chandelier Christmas lights, the repetitive chorus of Christmas carols and the works. I think work plays a part in fizzling out the frisson of delight I'd usually feel whenever Christmas draws near. Because my mental schedule now runs in a series of five-day week blocks punctuated by too-brief weekends which I methodically slash off, counting down to the week I FINISH WORK! And before I know it, it's the Christmas week which includes another verrreeeeeee special day (:P) and that means another full set of plans heaved right on top of work.

But I am very grateful to God for this week! In brief:

- He has opened up the way for me to share about His love to one of the interns and she was very open and receptive! Praise God :)

- I hung out with the Beeeeeeean :) And we went shopping!

- Went to Rens' farewell party and got to see lots of people I haven't seen since school ended. I also ate these fabulously saliva-inducing garlic&lemon marinated prawns wrapped in bacon.

- I finally watched Enchanted which was a bunch of laughs. Most people find it silly, but I honestly think it warrants loud, unabashed peals of laughter because I really could not stop laughing. Ahhhhhh ahhhhh ahhhhhh......... I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss, And a prince I'm hoping comes with this..... I woke up this morning with the song still stuck in my head.
It's one of those movies where I want, in the worst way possible, to recount every hilarious scene to anyone who is willing to listen and subject them to the torture of sitting through incoherent anecdotal hilarity that they wouldn't even understand.


- It was the AA3 + others/guests Christmas party at Hy's on Saturday! Which was filled with lots of good food and good company and people whom I haven't seen for ages.

- Met up with the cell group and I felt so encouraged by their growth and how God is slowly but surely changing them!! Praise Him :)

- Had a good albeit too short (half an hour) catch up session with Laura which highlighted some important things to me.

- Saw Chris, Reubs and Sean for pokes! A looooong time since the last time.

It was truly a blessed week because of how He continuously encouraged me by opening up opportunities and showing me the power of His love and Spirit. It showed me that it is not by my own effort, and there's nothing I can do except sow the seeds and pray, because the Author and Perfector of our faith is the one who is in control and only He can change the lives of others.

Merry Christmas once again, everyone :)
Pictures up another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home