Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I finally got down to uploading all my pictures that I've been taking with my grainy 2 mega-pixel phone camera. There's an odd frisson of delight seeing my blog speckled with colour again, a reminder that my life isn't a poorly recorded page of mere superfluous words. I was walking through the shops the other day and I find that I am helplessly drawn to the aesthetics, which explains why I often fall victim to the sprightly colours of marketing gimmicks: floral prints, sea-green and sunset hues, glittery metallics all artfully and eclectically thrown together in a thoughtful design. It was for this very quality that I bought myself a pair of bright yellow strappy sandals; to throw a spot of colour on my very neutral shoe rack of verying shades of browns/golds, creams and blacks. I am very superficial that way, sadly.

I felt like being alone today, but I was terribly sick of bumming. So I cleared my room and you can actually see the carpet now. I was trying to break free from running through the motions, drifting through the routine of banal activity, completely fruitless and purposeless. So yes, I cleared my room. Then I sat down and made birthday cards. It's doing little things like these which are stemmed from the heart that fans this little flame of warmth in me; fruitful and purposeful even though technically I haven't really done anything other than twiddle with some glue and scissors like a five year old!

I don't really know what I'm trying to kick out of my system but it feels like I've got a chip running through my veins, leaving a bitter black trail. Ugh. I find myself feeling restless, morose, resentful, and a whole combination of the like, that it has left me pushing sleep to the very last minute so I don't lie in bed awake and thinking. I tried taking a walk tonight. After dinner and three episodes of Friends, I plugged my ipod in my ears and took a 40-minute walk. It felt really good! Striding over my ill-feelings and playing out the songs, like a newly branded soundtrack for crisp nights, shady moonlight and the staunch step of liberation.

I spent part of the night praying and realised how this year's gonna be a BIIIIGGG year with the tremulous twists and turns of uncertainty and change. Made me realise how hard I'll need to pray this year and leave it all in the hands of God as I faithfully obey and carry it out. He is faithful even though I've been so... unfaithful! God is verrryyy good, indeed :)

Anyway, on to the more fun part of this post which doesn't involve any self-centred moodiness or the like... PICTURES :)

This was when Hilda and I caught Sweeney Todd which was Disappointing with a capital D!!! It's when I still had hair, ha ha.


And there was also the time where we were meant to catch Kite Runner but totally missed it (sob!) and settled for tea and coffee instead. I have this terrible weakness for whipped cream lately. I've been blowing my money for iced chocolates and mochas just for that delicious dollop of light, whipped cream drizzled over in cocoa powder. Yums!




Then there was bowling at Strike! One day after my hair's all chopped off. Woooo!


And then there's Jumper with my dear beloved Meishannny Shan Shan (HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY DARLING!). I love you for so many reasons but mostly because you're funny, caring and such a wonderful friend! You make me cupcakes with pretty icing, call me up to whine with me about badly dressed boys and uncertain futures, make me feel better about myself when I feel like life has trod all over me with it's stinky feet... And I know it sounds stupid but I loooove how you go out with me holding my hand acting all loveeey and chummy! Happy Birthday sweets xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Steeejei said...

I love that random girl in the background of your last photo :P

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home