Monday, March 24, 2008




And through timeless words and priceless pictures
We'll fly like birds not of this earth
And tides they turn and hearts disfigure
But that's no concern when we're wounded together
And we tore our dresses and stained our shirts
But its nice today, oh the wait was so worth it




I can't upload my Jason Mraz photos on either facebook or blogger so a stolen random youtube video of my favourite Jason Mraz song will suffice to produce a sliver of the emotional high that night. The Tivoli reminds me of the small cosy bar/club in the OC where Alex used to work with the dim and neon lights flashing and tiny stage pulsating with good music. If only it was like that: The Killers, Rooney, Deathcab!

Maybe it's because I'm bored and homesick, but everytime I see an aeroplane soaring overhead, I can feel my insides twitching with bittersweet longing as the blue and red lights blink goodbye. I like the idea of hopping on a capsulated plane and waking up hours later to a place called home. Or maybe I simply like the idea of good change, even if it means reverting back to the old. I don't know if it is cos I'm aging and slipping into jaded cynicism, or on the contrary, that I'm actually suffering from some kind of twitchy fickle-minded youth disease, but I am bored and restless and would love to see my life blossom into a riot of colourful change, both familiar, quixotic and sweet. Ha ha, I remember reading my bible last night and it telling me to rest and be quiet which is probably what I need to do because I know for sure that my spirit anything but.

Tomorrow we're going to the coast! Yay. Squashed in a little hotel room, shopping and the beach. I just hope once the mid-week passes, I'll have enough time to finish my stupid assignment and meet people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home