Monday, March 20, 2006

greetings from my new laptop (it arrived! it arrived!)

except, saying it arrived is putting it too nicely.
cause I fetched it, more like.
along with a loooooong walk (5 bustops worth, including distance between each bloody bleeding bustop) in the steaming weather, and missing my bus, and tripping on a woman's shoe and paying a FRIGGIN 6% SURCHARGE CAUSE I WAS USING AN AMEX (totally unnecessary expenditure of moola if you ask me)

so it was a long morning.
because I set out bright and early to collect my dear darling laptop.
and Derek instructed me to stop after I see the Regatta and look out for the Australian Red Cross.
and I did.
and I walked and walked and walked.. until I reached the fifth bustop and was silently cursing the dreadful sun and then I saw the Australian Red Cross.
hoooray.

met some slow-walking texans along the way, who really looked like texans and even spoke the same way!
the man was dressed in a cowboy hat and jeans and a shirt and the woman in ordinary clothes.
they were walking so slowly that I came up so close behind them and said excuse me and being the friendly peeps that they were started drawling Weeeell, looks lyaake we're wooaaking too slow for ya, giiiirl! Seems lyaake we gotta speeaaaaad right up!
and that's when I tripped on the woman's shoe.

collected my bulky box and.. missed the bus.

I realised, every monday always turns out badly for me.
last monday, I spilt noodles on the floor, rolled off the bed and basically had a shitty monday.
and today's another monday filled with blips.

but it made up for the really nice weekend I had.
it was a really nice weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home