Monday, September 04, 2006

Have you ever felt so bereft of words because your brain feels stale and over-fried and your life is bobbing up and down like an aimless buoy without anything particular to do?
Well, I DO!

Right now, I feel like ______ (insert desired adjective).
I can't quite put my finger on how I'm feeling - restless, irritated, settled, dissatisfied - a whole myriad of things embroiled within me, making my neck creak and my head itch (don't ask me why. It's that prickly sensation that spreads across your head and down your neck and back up again, tickling the crown of your head and creaking the nape of your neck).

Maybe it was HTML overdose over the weekend; maybe it's homesickness; maybe it's Microsoft Access befuddlement (if I said I hated HTML, I think I hate Microsoft Access even more); maybe it's the pending contracts exam and macro test; maybe it's boredom.
Maybe it's life settling into a state of perpetual inactivity other than the mundane duties of life which blends into massive grey-scaled blur.

It's a period of time where I don't have a clue, and I don't like not having a clue.
I don't have a clue what the future brings (de futuro!!!! sorry, hee, contracts overdose), I don't have a clue what the contracts exam is gonna be all about, I don't have a clue what contracts is all about, I don't have a clue on tomorrow's macro test, I don't have a clue, I don't have a clue, I don't have a clue.

Anyway, lunch with Michelle today was pretty good other than the really stingy servings.
I ordered lasagne with chips and I was served a slice of lasagne. A slice. (?!)
Other than that, it was a nice good proper catch up about snooty people with bad vibes, families and the ominous F word, the... Future.

-

Anyway, the long overdue update of the Law Revue last Thursday!



A very good well-worth-my-12-dollars night of song parodies (I loooove song parodies), hilarious skits, dance and funny puns (they say a pun is the lowest form of humour, but if it can actually be made funny, it must be preeeetty dayyymn good I say!)

-

Riverfire last Saturday!
As much as I think fireworks are tremendously gorgeous and breath-taking, it struck me that night that fireworks actually resemble colourful sprouting, spreading mushrooms.
And it made me feel very happy because it was such a cute, adorable mental picture and plus, I love mushrooms!

I was abit lazy to do a collage for Riverfire and besides, my camera died on me halfway so all my photos are ripped off Angie.
So... here goes.

orange mushrooms and green beans!


with Jeanne, Angie and Kitty



And goodbye Crocodile Hunter, I always liked watching you on telly.

-

But suffice it to say
We're leaving things unsaid
We sing ourselves to sleep
Watching the day lie down instead

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home