Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am sleepy, hungry, pissed, distracted and fat.
All of which makes me feel like a dawdling ball of dough running away from the oven, preferring to chill in the refridgerator instead.
In case you're wondering, it is a baking fact that biscuit dough has to chill in the refridgerator to 'breathe'; something I learnt from watching too much telly.

I'm sleepy but I won't sleep because I know the fumes of slumber will intoxicate my brain and have me out cold for a couple more hours than I intended.
I am in a perpetual state of hunger and have eaten a bowl of soup noodles, salad, plate of hot chips and bowl of instant mee goreng within 5 hours, something which makes me vaguely proud but yet disgusted at myself.
I am pissed because I was given Version C for today's macroeconomics test and everyone knows version C never bodes well and it didn't.
It gave me a a whole series of fill-in-the-blanks definition questions, all of which came from the textbook and I don't even own the textbook.
I need to study for this Saturday's contract law exam but yet my mind prefers to idle the time away churning out a useless blog entry about nothing in particular.
And I can feel myself growing in wayward proportions, out of the seams of my clothes, making me very sad indeed.

I realised there's some escapism mechanism in-built in the human body which makes us not do whatever we're supposed to be doing in light of a pending deadline.
For example, on the front-line of my to-do list is to study for my contracts exam and study it well.
But yet, flitting excitedly at the top of my head is kicking back on my bed with my new David Sedaris book or baking a new set of cookies or tripping to the city for my much awaited and anticipated shopping spree.

-

Say do you remember
Dancing in September
Golden dreams were shiny days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home